Wednesday 16 November 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 220

Hi everyone and welcome to a new challenge week at Addicted to Stamps and More!  We have a fantastic photo to inspire you this week and it will certainly help in adding to that Christmas card stash:







You can be inspired however you like by this photo. Maybe you will use the colours or go for a more 'vintage-feel' with your design. Its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers and they are giving a $15 gift certificate to the winner!!


For my card I decided to use the red, green and black colours but keep to a more modern 'Clean and Simple' card design:


I started off by cutting a panel of black CS and slightly smaller one of red CS. These were both adhered to the card. For the green strip I cut it from green CS and then die-cut the 'merry' (from WPlus9) from the middle. I also die-cut the 'merry' 3x from some of the same red CS and glued them all together. I added a strip of white CS behind the die-cut negative, this gave me somewhere to inlay the 'merry' stack.

I stamped the 'christmas' (also from WPlus9 'Hand Lettered Holiday') in black and then popped the green strip up on foam tape. And of course I had to add some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, for some Christmas bling!!

You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More  challenge and if you need help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Such a striking sentiment, and I love your CAS design, Shona! Beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete