Wednesday 25 January 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 226

Hi there everyone and welcome to a new challenge week at Addicted to Stamps and More!!. We have our very popular theme for you this week:







For my card this week I thought it was about time I did some stamping and was inspired by the always colourful Laura Bassen to create a rainbow effect. I also thought I had better use a stamp set that had been screaming at me to be inked since it arrived just before Christmas:


Oh how I love rainbow colours against white, really makes them jump off the card!!

I used a solid triangle stamp from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints Christmas' and all of my Waffle Flower ink pads on a panel of white CS. I stamped the triangle twice with each colour (my MISTI was fantastic for this!!) so it was nice and bright. Each time I had the triangle overlapping the next one slightly and wasn't too worried about the circle being absolutely perfect. Once it was finished I trimmed the panel and popped it up on foam tape, with the panel being over to one corner.

The sentiment (from the same Neat and Tangled stamp set) was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and put on foam tape, along with some sequins (also from Neat and Tangled). Such a happy card!!

I'm going to link this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge # 9 as I finally used this stamp set for the first time.



And will also link to the Little Tangles Challenge # 76 where their theme is:


You have until next Wednesday 1st February to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. And if your needing any help in the 'inspiration' department, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see your creations in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully colourful, amazing stamping to make the circle!

    I hope you don't mind me asking but I have been wondering if the Misti makes the stamps easier to press down, I have problems with my hands and sometimes I have problems with pressing them down firmly enough.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sho, this is really lovely! I can't believe you did that with a triangle stamp, even with the help of the MISTI! You have the best design ideas! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9!! (Sorry I'm so late coming by because of my wee wee surgery! :) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete