Tuesday 17 January 2017

Calling All Sistah's January 2017 Blog Hop

It's the 17th of the month of a brand new year!! Happy 2017 and welcome to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Calling All Sistah's Blog Hop for January!!





This blog hop was started to remind us all to do our self breast checks each month, as early detection of breast cancer can make such a difference!!

You should have arrived here from the blog of the always fabulous Susan of My Paper Dreamz who I'm sure wowed you with her gorgeous design! If not and you've lost your way on the hop, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog which is the start of the hop and there is a list of all the hop participants. You will also find some details regarding a few prizes to be had too.....

I mention each month that I never used to check my breasts at all (and I'm 43yrs old) so I had to find some videos on You Tube to help me out and teach me what to do. I found this one here quite helpful but there are many more to choose from. As long as you can find one that makes you comfortable and your able to do each month, that's all that matters!!

For my card this month I really wanted the ribbon to stand out on my white card base, and what stands out more against white than black:



I stamped the ribbon image from the Hope Ribbon stamp set in black Versafine Ink on white card stock. I could then immediately cover it with clear embossing powder and heat set it to create a shiny black image. I grabbed some different pink pencil shades and coloured in random images on the ribbon. I was then able to fussy cut it out and pop up on foam tape over the card front.

I die-cut the Hope Fri-Die from a dark pink paint chip 3x and glued them all together, before adhering over the middle of the ribbon. I then stamped the rest of the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black and added sequins from the brand new sequin mix created by Pretty Pink Posh for the Calling All Sistah's Collection. The mix is gorgeous and will be wonderful to use on these monthly cards!!



If your interested in any of the products I've used today please don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%. Those saved dollars will be perfect for buying the new sequins!!



Your next stop on the hop is Lori at Smiling While Stamping who I just know will have something stunning waiting for you!!

Enjoy the hop and make sure you take a few minutes today to check those breasts. It may change your life!!

Take care
Shona

17 comments:

  1. Oooh, Shona, your random coloring makes those pinks really pop and it reminds me of the adult coloring pages I see everywhere now. Lovely! Thank you for being a part of the Calling All Sistahs blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the pops of pin against the black. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your card. Thank you for the reminder also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hope ribbon really stands out on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking image just with the Hope ribbon. Awesome CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and bold, Shona! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the ribbon stamped in black with just some touches of color! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Shona!!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful Shona...love your gorgeous hope ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and I've CHECKED, 100% for 2017 so far, and I am resolved to be 100% in Dec of 2017 too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card... especially how you popped some of the tiny flowers and hearts on the ribbon w/color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the black on white with a touch of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing the video on how to do self breast exam. Your card will encourage someone going through it for sure. love that you picked some flowers to color and not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfection...that's all...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Simple and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bold and brilliant, Shona ... the selective colouring is a perfect complement to the pink sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete