Thursday 19 January 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday Post - January

Hi there everyone and welcome to my first CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girl Friday' post for 2017!!




I'm still in 'Christmas card mode', especially since I ran out of Christmas cards last year. So I need to make more of them during the year and this is the perfect time to use my favourite snowflake dies:


I've been watching a lot of craft videos lately, especially ones by Kristina Werner. She is so good with her water colouring and I've picked up lots of tips with regards to blending and adding lots of colour. So thank you Kristina for inspiring this card design!!

I die-cut the larger tag from the Scallop Tag Fri-Dies from water colour cardstock and also from white card stock. Using a large round brush and my Gansai Tambi water colour paints, I created the blended colours. I then die-cut the Funky Flakes Fri-Dies from the label and also from some silver glitter paper, making sure to keep all the little pieces.

I glued the white label on to the back of the die-cut label, creating a place to inlay the glitter snowflakes, adding back all the little pieces. This was then popped up on a piece of white fun foam. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment (from Snowflake Splendor) in silver on a strip of vellum and added thin strips of double-sided tape behind the words to adhere it over the label.

For embellishment I realised I had lots of tiny glitter circles left over from one of the snowflake dies, so glued them on instead of sequins.




I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge  (Chill Out)



Curtain Call Challenge




CAS Watercolor Challenge



If your doing any shopping at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps please don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%!!




Thanks so much for stopping by and will see you again soon on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog!!

Take care
Shona




 


10 comments:

  1. Hi Shona. Your watercoloured, ombre background so pretty with the inlaid die-cut snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS project Shona, I love the blending of colors and those silver details making your card so elegant. Thank you for chilling out with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely, you'll win all the challenges because this card is sooooo cool (pun intended). Love the way your inlaid snowflakes pop out from that amazingly watercolored tag. Just pure frosty perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Shona! I love the blended colors and the beautiful inlaid snowflakes! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag! Love the sparkly inlaid snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag card Shona. I love your colors, design and sentiment. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous with your pretty, inky panel and inlaid sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous inlaid die cutting, Shona! I love how you blended your colors, and that you chose vellum for your sentiment...Stunning card! Congrats on your shout out at CAS Watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Shona. Love the in-laid snowflakes. The silver shimmer looks wonderful. So, so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete