Wednesday 4 January 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Hi everybody!! I was so excited yesterday. It was very windy and cold day, and the kids were both busy with different projects, so I was able to create some cards 'just because'!!

I was lucky to get my hands on a few new stamp sets towards the end of last year but because I was so busy with work, I had no time or energy to try them out. One of them was from Altenew 'Geometric Flowers'. I was able to use one of the images to create some Christmas tree's but that was it. I knew there was much more fun to be had with this set!!

After playing around creating some different patterns (which I still have to colour), I grabbed my Distress Inks and thought I could create some pretty blended designs:


I cut four pieces of water colour CS and blended two Distress Ink colours together on each one. Once they were dry, I stamped and heat embossed the geometric image over top and heat embossed with Ranger 'Queens Gold'. The flowers were then fussy cut out and put on foam tape in the middle of the card front.

Unfortunately while stamping and heat embossing the 'hello' sentiment for the first time (from the same stamp set) I realised that the stamp has a cut through it which means it will never stamp perfectly. So disappointed but these things happen. Will contact the Altenew team and see if they are able to replace that single stamp for me, as making 'hello' cards are one of my favourites!!

The sentiment was fussy cut, put on foam tape over the flowers and some gold sequins added from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit more shine. Absolutely love how this turned out!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



I have one more card to show you and then think I will go off to bed. Have been staying up quite late with the kids watching all sorts of movies. Its one of my favourite things to do in the holidays. I think the late nights have caught up with me though as its only 9.15pm and I can't keep my eyes open. Best get an early night as I have a gardening job tomorrow. Its only for two hours but its a very demanding garden so there will be lots to do!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card!! Amazing design and colors! Love this!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've completely taken this challenge by storm. Wow, what a beauty and you have to work tomorrow. Boo! Since 9:15 sounds like a reasonable bedtime, I think I'll toddle off and go to sleep now.

    ReplyDelete