Wednesday 4 January 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry No. 2

There are only four hours left to link my project to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 'Anything Goes' so thought I would add this card now before I fell asleep!!


As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent some time yesterday playing with a new stamp set from Altenew 'Geometric Flowers'. I wanted to create some rainbow coloured flowers in different ways. My last card was using Distress Ink, this time I mixed different ink pads together:


I hadn't used this 'ink pad mixing' technique for quite a while. I first saw Kristina Werner doing it on her blog probably a few years ago, tried it out, loved it and then forgot all about it. Time for a revival I say!

I used my MISTI so I could stamp more than once to blend the colours a bit more evenly. The solid stamp was stuck to the MISTI clear panel. I used Altenew mini cube inks and paired them together, adding colour to each half of the stamp and overlapping in the middle to blend. Each flower was stamped two or three times to get a blend I was happy with. 

Once the inks had dried, I used my MISTI again to stamp the matching geometric pattern on top and heat emboss using Ranger 'Queens Gold'. They were then all fussy cut out.

To add some interest to my card front (but keep it white) I cut a panel of white CS the same size as my card but removed a strip from the middle the same size as the sentiment. This was stamped on the card front in black ink and the panels popped up on foam tape above and below. I then adhered the rainbow geometric flowers and some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 

I hadn't used the solid stamp that goes with the geometric stamp before (and they match perfectly by the way....) so will link to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge - December 2016 where their theme is 'Use new products'.






My eyes are screaming to shut so off to bed I go. Although I just sneakily purchased an OK Australia magazine today, so might have to have a quick flick through that before I go to sleep. I love OK, WHO and NW magazines but can't afford to buy them all the time. The two weeks around Christmas and New Years are the only times I get them now (oh and for my birthday) so its a wonderful time to lay in bed, read a whole lot of gossip and eat Scorched Almonds. Bliss!!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this card will "stay beautiful"...after all, you're the one who made it. That technique is awesome. Hope you didn't wake the family with your screaming eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love how the sentiment is emphasized. Ink pad mixing sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your geometric flower cards are fabulous, Shona ... crisp and fresh ... and the gold embossing is gorgeous with the vibrant/ombré colour! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Shona! I will have to try this technique too.

    ReplyDelete