Thursday 5 January 2017

The Flower Challenge - January 2017

Hello there everybody and happy new year!!! I hope you all had a relaxing Christmas and have had a safe and happy start to 2017!! Its time for a new theme at The Flower Challenge and we've decided on a colour combo this month:




I love the colour blue on any card, so to mix it with yellow makes for such a happy design. I decided to create a blue flower that may not be seen in nature but really stands out against a yellow background:


I must have photographed this a million times! We've had some very dreary days of late (even though its the middle of Summer) and I desperately wanted to capture the shimmer on my flower. You can just see it if you squint your eyes really tightly....

I stamped this flower from Altenew 'Beautiful Day' on some white CS using Altenew inks 'Ocean Waves', 'Dusk' and 'Desert Night'. I then carefully fussy cut it out. I cut a panel of white CS the same size as my card front and die-cut the circle using Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Inverted Dies'. Once I worked out where the circle would sit over the card front, I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' to create the background. To add a bit of interest I sprinkled it with water and used tissue to soak it up.

The panel was popped up on foam tape, as was the flower image. The sentiment (from the same Altenew stamp set) was stamped twice with Altenew 'Desert Night', fussy cut and put on foam tape as well. I then glued on some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit of sparkle and added lots of Wink of Stella to the darkest parts of the flower petals.

The challenges closes on Wednesday 25th January, so that gives you plenty of time to enter once or twice. And if you need help getting those creative juices flowing, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. We will be back on the 15th January with a reminder and some more inspiration for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with!


Take care
Shona
 

    

9 comments:

  1. Hello Shona: I love this beautiful CAS card, this stamp set is one of my favorites. Love how you showcased this lone flower, with just the perfect bling and background and the sentiment is truly lovely.
    Awesome card, teammate.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, another stunning creation love this colour combination. I have this stamp set and have not given it any where near enough attention and seeing it here inspires me to get it out and use it again. Love the background panel, I thought at first that was a yellow card stock so had to look again. Perfect finish with the die cut circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful creation from your nimble fingers. That blue flower is gorgeous...and, of course, the background is perfect...I mean YELLOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hasn't the weather been just crazy this summer? I'm not a great fan of summer but I don't really like having winter in my summer, either :) Anyway, onto your card. Just beautiful and such a wonderful layout. That blue flower really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Shona...just love your beautiful blue rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a gorgeous blue - they are my favourite Altenew inks!! - and so nice that it's the main focal point right in the middle surrounded by a beautiful yellow. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab card here Shona! love that pretty flower in the frame and that great colour combo ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful color combo for tje flower,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card, Shona! I love the shades of blue that you chose for the bloom...so pretty, and your yellow background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete