Thursday 28 September 2017

NBUS Challenge # 12 - Entry no. 2

NBUS??? Just incase your wondering what that means, it stands for 'Never Been Used Schtuff' which was a phrase coined by the delightful Darnell of djkardkreations!! I'm sure you will have come across Darnell somewhere in the card making community, she is loved by many and leaves the sweetest comments. A while ago she decided to create a challenge to make us all use those products we just had to have but have never used. I'm sure we all have these hiding somewhere.....





I received the most perfect stamp/die set for my birthday from my lovely friend Coni. Its the Ellen Hutson 'Plant Lady' set and it is me in stamp form!!! During this months Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge I was able to stamp out the images and colour away at the skatepark while Max rode his scooter or in bed watching Veep. I have a lot of images to make into cards, this is my first one:


Isn't she the cutest?!! I never look this clean for long so need to work out how to make her look like she's splattered with dirt and mud for the next card...

To start off I used my My Favourite Things 'Cloud Stencil' and Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' to blend some soft clouds on the card front. I also blended 'Mowed Lawn' along the bottom to represent some grass. 

The pots and plants are actually separate images that I stamped together and fussy cut out. The tomato was adhered to the card front and the other pot put on foam tape, along with the card lady. I also added in a pair of secateurs and the sentiment in black ink. Its so easy to do when everything is already coloured and die-cut!!

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)



Stamplorations Summer Theme and Sketch Challenge 



The rain has finally stopped and I've been able to work in some gardens the last two days. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day of the school term and then the kids will be on holiday for two weeks. Unfortunately I'm so behind after all the rain with my gardening work that I'll probably have to work each day but it will only be a few hours and I will make sure we have a chance to spend a day in Nelson at the Indoor Trampoline place at some stage. Thank goodness for my Mum being able to take care of the kids. I owe her a lot!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. This IS you, Sho!! I just told Coni today that I love how you two are gifting each other schtuff - lots more NBUS for my challenges, haha! I love your coloring and your design with her and that's a terrific sediment! I'm sure you and your Mom and the kids will all enjoy the next two weeks!! Thank you for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom's are the best...especially at taking time with their grandkids. So glad to see your smiling face on a card...you look so happy and clean. Yes, I know in real life you don't stay that way but you probable even look awesome covered in mud. Enjoy your time with your kids...it goes way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, love the image is of you.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete