Monday 9 October 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge

Its nearly 11pm Monday night here, way past my bedtime but I only had two hours left to link this card, so here I go!!







The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge is 'Halloween and/or Dark Colours'. 

I've been a fan of horror movies since I was really little. My Mum used to watch horror movies every Sunday night and I suppose it rubbed off on to me. About two years ago I started making Halloween cards. Halloween isn't really celebrated too much here in NZ but its slowly becoming more popular. I had so much fun making the cards, especially last year, that I had the idea to blog one Halloween card each day for the month of October. Well, as usual life got in the way but.......

I spent this past weekend at my Mum's place and had a card making marathon, which included lots of cute and not so cute Halloween cards. I'm hoping I have time to make some more but probably after seeing some of these ones, you will be hoping I don't.......

For this card I'm really hoping that Danielle from Neat and Tangled doesn't ban me from buying their products after seeing what I did to one of her cute children images...:


I'm not sure how his leg was removed but he doesn't look in any pain so that's a good thing...right??!!

Hopefully you're having a laugh about this poor little fella and haven't been so grossed out you've stopped following my blog, unfriended me from Facebook and blocked me on Instagram!!

This was incredibly simple (and painless) to put together. I stamped the image from Neat and Tangled 'Better Together' on a piece of white CS and coloured with my pencils. After fussy cutting out, I cut off his leg and used a red marker pen to add some blood to his clothes. The blood splatter on the card front is from Inkadinkadoo 'Bloody Scene' which is the most amazing stamp set for blood images (which you will be seeing more of I warn you.....). And the sentiment is from the same Neat and Tangled stamp set.

I'm also going to link this to the CAS on Friday Challenge #118 which has the theme 'Fall/Halloween'.




I can't keep my eyes open so I'm off to bed and my electric blanket. I do have one thing to mention, if you want to know what happened to the boys leg, come to my blog tomorrow, if you dare......LOL!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Precious little zombie...hopefully he'll find it tomorrow so he can be "whole" again. Or maybe he's just a ghoul. Hope you've slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Halloween card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday! Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete