Wednesday 18 October 2017

The Ultimate Bad Day card for Halloween

Hi there everybody!! It has been ridiculously crazy around here for the past few weeks, with no time spare for anything!! So much for my idea of posting a Halloween card every day till the 31st (so sorry about that) but....I've been working on some really horrible ones today which I will show you in a day or two. Your going to hate (love) them!!

When I was going thru all my stamp sets looking for Halloween sets, I came across one that is so sweet and cute but I just knew I could turn it into something bad:


I don't know about you but being visited by the Grim Reaper to be told my time is up would have to be the ULTIMATE 'Bad Day'...and I would definitely be begging him for another chance at life......what do you think???

I tried to get a bit creative with my ink blending to create an ominous feel to the card. Not quite sure if it worked but at least its not bright, colourful and happy which I definitely didn't want!!

Firstly I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mowed Lawn' to create the grass area on the card front. I then blended 'Salty Ocean' into the top half of the card front and to create a more 'moody' colour, I blended 'Black Soot' over top.

The images were all stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and then fussy cut out. I adhered the log and toadstool to the card front and popped the racoon, mouse and Grim Reaper on foam tape. The sentiment was stamped in black ink on a piece of white CS and I added some faint 'Black Soot' around the edges, so it wasn't so bright white. This was put on foam tape and I added some black 'half-dome' beads instead of sequins.

The Grim Reaper is from Create a Smile 'Creepy Cute' and the sentiment from 'Bad Day'. The other images are from Mama Elephant 'Woodland Gifts'.

Hopefully you've liked this card and it hasn't been too horrible for you. I can't wait to show you what I created today...its really going to freak you out, which I think is a good thing???

Take care
Shona
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Arg! Bad day, indeed. And the Reaper's victims are so adorable. Terrific background, too.

    ReplyDelete