Monday 13 November 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Its been a busy day today in my gardening world. I spent 5 hours today trimming hedges and I'm sure they are sprouting back as I cut them!! It wasn't a warm day and tonight is so cold I've just put hot water bottles in the kids beds and put my electric blanket on. Spring is always a fickle time for weather!!


Over the weekend I managed to sneak in a bit of colouring and play-time with some new Neat and Tangled goodies:




When I received the N&T 'Falling Circles Cover Plate' I immediately had the idea to try die-cutting it twice, once from the top of a panel and then from the bottom. Some of the circles over-lap slightly but I absolutely love how it covers the whole piece!!

I started by stamping the llama and present from N&T 'Fa La Llama' on some white CS and colouring with my pencils. I fussy cut them out and added foam tape to the back of each.

After die-cutting the white CS panel with the circle cover-plate, I really wanted to have something glittery behind it. I found some iridescent mirror paper I had completely forgotten about and glued it behind the circles. 

The circle panel was adhered to the card front and the llama and present popped in place. I kept the sentiment simple by stamping in black ink on strips of white CS and putting them on foam tape too. And for a bit more sparkle I added some N&T sequins. The cool part was when I went to photograph this card. It doesn't look this 'rainbowy' in person but the camera catches all the colour changes with the mirror paper. It looks more amazing than I thought it would!!

I'm linking this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Snow White'.


I'm sneaking off to bed now (its 9pm) as my body is so sore and I have lots of magazines to catch up on. I actually had another card to pop on my blog tonight but when I looked at the photos I decided that something is missing, so will have to give it some 'bling' tomorrow some how. Wink of Stella to the rescue I feel!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Sho ... that llama is adorable against all the shimmery rainbow 'snow'! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stamp, such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...simply stunning card Miss Shona!!! Love all the wonderful shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if this isn't a winner, I don't know what is. That cover die looks spectacular with the iridescent paper behind it. Phoebe must adore that sweet llama with the stretched neck and it's pretty scarf.

    ReplyDelete