Thursday 14 December 2017

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 98

Hi there everyone!! I'm just popping in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT challenge:


We have this inspiration photo for you which should be a great help for ideas with those last-minute Christmas cards. You might do a green/red/white card or maybe something with woodgrain....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Uniko and they will be giving a gift voucher to the challenge winner!!


My eyes were immediately drawn to the wood with white silhouettes, so I thought I could use that for the base of my card with red and green highlights:



Instead of doing a white image on wood I flipped that idea and used some woodgrain paper (from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic') with a wreath die from Couture Creations. This was simply glued to the card front.

I have so many friends to send cards to that are on the otherside of the world, so I think this stamp (from Mama Elephant 'Puffy Holiday Greetings') will be used alot!! I stamped it 3x using my MISTI to get good coverage, fussy cut it out and popped on foam tape. I then glued on some green and red sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit more bling. Nice and simple!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas/Winter Holidays'.



I'll also link to the Uniko Challenge #44 where their theme is:




You have until Wednesday 20th December to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge. And if your struggling with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Sarah of Funky Fossil Designs have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

12 comments:

  1. What a fun die and one I have never seen. Love the idea you swapped it around to use the wood grain paper. Plus such a cool sentiment...one I habe never seen also. A great unique card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so FUN!! I like that you did the swapping of the wood to the forefront. That die is so cool too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun wreath and lovely sentiment! Nice work. Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at Uniko. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cool woodgrain wreath, Shona ... looks fabulous against the crisp white ... and brilliant with that fun, bright, bubble sentiment panel! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that wreath. So much fabulous detail! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card and I love that wreath, it's so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that modern take on a Christmas wreath. Fabulous card. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how cool is this Shona! What a great twist on the idea. Love it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love that fun wreath, and the way you have added pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous wreath, Shona - and I love the 'flip' of woodgrain on white! So striking! Wonderful to see you sharing this gem in the UNIKO gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh a fun die. Not seen this one before! Looks great in kraft colours x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful wreath die and beautifully CAS design. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko and my sincere apologies for my late commenting :( Happy 2018! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete