Sunday 21 January 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for January

Hi there everybody!! Thanks so much for stopping by on this beautiful January day. Its been super hot here with many trips to our local school pool to cool off. For all those people surrounded by snow at the moment, the thoughts of sunshine and swimming are probably far from your mind but time goes so fast these days, you'll be sorting your bikini line in no time!!

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with this sweet little number:


I wanted to try and create something quick to send to a friend who's having a hard time but wanted to make sure it was pretty too!

I grabbed hold of the new Heart to Heart Background Stamp and three different colours of ink pads. I simply stamped the dark pink in one corner, the yellow in the other and a light pink in between, going back and forth between colours to blend them together and then pressed on to the card front. I used the MISTI to do this so was able to stamp a few times to make sure the colours blended together well.

I then pulled out my trusty box of paint chips and used chips in the similar ink colours, using the 4 Petal Fri-dies on each. I glued the flowers together, alternating the colours. The sentiment (from the Pretty Posies stamp set) was stamped in black on a strip of white CS and glued to the card front. I then arranged the flowers on one end, putting the middle one of foam tape. I have a thing for adding black details at the moment to my cards, so have been using these really old half-circle black pearls a lot, unfortunately I can't remember where they came from.

And that was it! I was able to whip this up quick-smart and get in the mail the same day, which was very much loved by the recipient. Will definitely have to do more of the ink pad blending in the future!!





I'm going to link this to the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge
 where their theme is to 'Add a sentiment'.


 


If you still haven't shopped for our amazing New Release products or are tempted to buy any of the ones I used today, don't forget to use my special Girl Friday code to save yourself 15% on your purchase!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing weekend, especially all of you lucky people going to Creativation in the US. I will get there one day!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shona, I am waiting for this background stamp to arrive and love how you changes the colours. Why not add this to Calling All Sistahs to help spread the word, just add DT next to your name. Hope your weekend is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Shona. Gorgeous card. Thank you very much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add a Sentiment Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete