Friday 16 February 2018

Reminder: The Flower Challenge # 17

Hi there everyone!! We've reached Friday here in New Zealand, which means its not far away for you too if your on the other side of the world. Its been such a long, hot week here, so I'm looking forward to a bit of relaxation over the weekend!!

I'm just popping in to tell you all about the current theme at The Flower Challenge:





We have 'Paper Piecing' for you this month which is a huge challenge for me but I love trying something new and my second card for the month is much better than the first:

 

I found this multi-coloured paper from a 6x6 pad by Rosies Studio '#happy'. I stamped on some flowers from Altenew 'Adore You' in black ink, fussy cut them out and arranged them on the card front along with some leaves that were coloured with the Altenew Artist Markers Set A. The largest flower is on some foam tape to add a bit of dimension.

The sentiment (from Altenew 'Floral Shadow') was stamped in black ink, fussy cut out and adhered to the flower, with some foam tape holding it up as well. And to finish off I added some pink, green and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled. I love how it turned out and must try this technique again!!

You have until Sunday 25th February to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your still struggling with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Great minds unite...I used the same stamp set for my paper piecing project but have to say, yours is so much better. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Shona, love your pretty paper pieced flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Shona...love how you have layered the flowers.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you placed the flowers in the center! It's like you look at a beautiful bouquet from above! The color combination on your paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete