Saturday 24 February 2018

Uniko Challenge #45

I wish I didn't procrastinate so much!! I've been wanting to enter a card in the Uniko Challenge for weeks and finally made a card that was finished last night. Have just sat at the computer to send some emails this morning (Saturday) and suddenly realised I have only 1.5hrs to link my card....eeek! Thank goodness there was some sun around so I could take a good photo. If only I had gotten myself organised earlier I wouldn't be in a panic writing this post!!!





I was extremely lucky to recently receive some new stamps from Bev (the owner of Uniko) and wanted to pair one of those with some of the very first Uniko stamp sets I ever purchased:



I was dying to try out this Uniko 'Scattered Polka Hearts' background stamp, so grabbed my MISTI and stamped in Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice'. I thought it looked a bit plain so decided to stamp it again but slightly over and down with Waffle Flower 'My Pleasure' and love how it turned out!!

I stamped the flowers (from Uniko 'Flower Power #5) with the same dark coral colour and the leaves with Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp!'. I fussy cut them out, put the flowers on foam tape and the leaves were glued to the card front. I stamped the sentiment (from Uniko 'Flower Power #3) on a strip of white CS and put that on foam tape too, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled. I also added some shimmer to the middle of the flowers with my Wink of Stella but must have gotten carried away as its made the ink bleed, which is so annoying because now that's all I can see!!

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Make your own Background'.


Right, I better get this card linked to the challenge before I run out of time. Phoebe had some friends stay over last night for her birthday and I can hear them tucking into chocolate cake for breakfast. Sounds like a good idea actually, might have to join them.......

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I love that background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YouXre a venius. That double stamped background is extraordinary especially with those extremely pretty flowers. Excellent color choices. Bet this wins. Hope you enjoyed the cake

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you felt running out of time ! It often happens to me ! But it worths the stress because your card is beautiful. Love how you made your background stamping twice the block of hearts but with different colours and slightly offset. Those little flowers pop up so beautifully over it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Love that background!! So sweet and fun!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Shona, love the Bg and the flowers finish it off perfectly, thanks for joining us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, your offset-stamped background spreads so many lovely hearts!

    Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Uniko Challenge Gallery!
    Greetings from Wiebke (DT)

    (You write you don't like the green areas with the ink-bleeding... If you wanna change this, stamp these circles again on a scrap of paper, cut them out and adhere them on your flowers. - Little accidents are so usual and often you can hide them with some little steps...)

    ReplyDelete