Tuesday 27 February 2018

Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash - Use your scraps challenge with Kelly

Its me again, I'm back with my 5th entry for the Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash! I can't believe I made so many cards over three days but so happy I didn't miss out on taking part.

This time I'm joining the Using your Scraps Challenge with Kelly.  To be honest I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this challenge but I suddenly realised that I didn't have to look far for lots of scrap pieces of CS:


Every time I make a card base, I use an A4 piece of CS. I cut a strip off the end so its 11inches in length and then cut it in half longways to make two top folding cards. So you can imagine, after making hundreds of cards, how many strips of white CS I have and I keep them in a container on my table right in front of me. I mainly use them for sentiment strips but I thought I could put them to a much more 'colourful' use for this card!

I grabbed ink pads from Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' and Altenew 'Crimson' and 'Rose Quarterly' and rubbed the pads straight on the CS strips, going back and forth till the colour was solid. As I was using the colours from the Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash 'Inspiration Challenge with Gayatri' I needed to add some gold. I went through my gold glitter CS stash and found a few wide strips left over, so was able to cut them down to a smaller width.



I covered the card front with double-sided tape and added the CS strips, cutting off the extra as I went. Luckily they were all cut straight so there were no major gaps!! While going thru my W&W dies I found a left-over W&W 'True Multifaceted Star Cutaway' from a red paint chip and thought that would be perfect as an embellishment on the card. I glued it off to the left-hand side, cut off the excess, put the sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy') on foam tape and glued on sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Will also link this to the W&W Die Cut Challenge with Lydia.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Make your own Background'.


Two more projects to go and then I'll leave your inbox alone for a while. I managed to do some garden work today which was fantastic but its already started to rain again and tomorrow isn't looking good at all. If this keeps up working at the weekend might become the norm unfortunately......

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Tada! You did it & these card strips were nothing until you worked your magic. Gorgeous design & colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous card! Love that wonderful design and pretty colors!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete