Monday 26 February 2018

Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash - Grid Challenge with Keren

When I first saw all the different challenges for the Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash, one of them struck me as being a tricky one to get ideas for but for some reason its the one that has inspired my cards the most!!

The Grid Challenge with Keren is where she wants you to have some sort of grid or grid inspired design on your project. Its actually way more easy to come up with ideas than I thought and two of my cards have ended up with grid patterns without me even thinking about it!! Turns out I use grid designs all the time!


This is one of those long-winded, extra-fiddly cards that I love to create so much. And it reminds me that I must get out the vacuum cleaner to clean up all the millions of tiny hearts on my carpet!

I started out with the simple part first, the large heart image. Its from the W&W 'From the bottom of my heart' set and I stamped it 3x with Mama Elephant 'Apple' pigment ink (and using my MISTI)  to get good coverage. I then fussy cut it out and added foam tape to the back.

For my background I used the smaller rectangle die from W&W 'Essentials: Audreys Cutaways' on some white CS and then used the strip of heart dies (from the same die set) to cut individual rows down the panel. They aren't perfectly straight or lined up but if you look at it quickly, its not too bad.

Now came the fun part. I wanted to add some colour to the panel but not the whole thing. So I cut a piece of clear acetate and glued it behind the panel. I then grabbed some red, dark and light pink paint chips and die-cut a row of hearts from each. With my Quickstik I added little dots of glue in the die-cut heart hole and pressed the coloured hearts into them. It took a bit of time but the Quickstik made it alot easier. Once I had finished I added a few strips of double-sided tape to the back and adhered to the card front. The red heart was popped up on the front and of course I had to add some co-ordinating sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the W&W 4th Birthday Bash - Inspiration with Gayatri Challenge as I used the same colours for my card.



I'll also link to the W&W Die Cut Challenge with Lydia.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where they want you to 'Make your own background'.


Three entries down, four more to go, so I'm afraid I'll be doing a few more posts today and tomorrow. You won't be able to get away from me!!!!

Take care
Shona

1 comment:

  1. Love the repeated hearts background. So clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete