Monday 26 February 2018

Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash - Shaker Challenge with Lea

Okay, here I am again with card no. 2 for the Winnie and Walter 4th Birthday Bash!! I have to mention that I tried to put the graphic for the birthday challenges on my blog posts but I can't work out how to copy it as the image is from a Flicker account. If anyone has any advice on how to do it, I would love to hear from you!!!!

This time I'm entering the Shaker Challenge with Lea. I used to make shaker cards all the time but haven't for a while now, so this was my chance to go foam tape and sequin crazy!!


Firstly I die-cut a piece of grey CS with the smaller rectangle die from W&W 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaway's' and adhered it to the card front. I then heat embossed the W&W 'Mini Scenery: Madison' stamp in white on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. Using my Zig Real Color pens I watercoloured it and when dry, fussy cut it out. 

For the shaker window I used a circle die from W&W 'Essentials: Carly Cutaways' and glued a piece of acetate behind it. I gathered up some Neat and Tangled sequins in similar colours to the watercolour panel, popped them on the grey die-cut. Lots of foam tape was added to the shaker window panel and it was pressed over the sequins to seal the shaker. 

For the sentiment I die-cut the W&W 'hugs' die from silver mirror CS and adhered over the window, with the 'my love ' (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Love' set) on a strip of white CS.

Will also add to the W&W Die Cut Challenge with Lydia.

Better go and do some housework before I make some more cards, just incase my husband comes home and asks what I've been doing all day........ Thank goodness the dog and cats can't talk as they would tell him what I've REALLY been up to at my craft table...

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. So cute, love the mix of products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific shaker. Love the coloring on the embossed panel and the contents of the shaker are the perfect match. You are definitely acing these challenges.

    ReplyDelete